Graphic Signature Contest - $500 Prize
Tuesday May 19, 2020
The Montreal Bike Coalition (CVMBC) is a non-profit, 100% volunteer organization founded in 2012. Our mandate:
- Represent the citizens and organizations of the Montreal region interested and involved in urban cycling.
- Promote urban cycling.
- Support, not duplicate, the work done by our members and other organizations.
- Help, structure and coordinate communications between our members and other organizations.
- Be the single meeting point for the urban cycling community in all its diversity.
We want to move our mandate from promoting urban cycling to promoting active mobility to be more inclusive and consistent with neighbourhood associations.
2. Contest objectives and details
We are launching a competition to find a graphic designer to replace our logo as we move from our current name to the Coalition mobilité active Montréal / Montréal Active Mobility Coalition (CMAMC).
The winner will be chosen from those who submit a design that can be used on multiple platforms, in positive and negative versions, including, but not limited to:
- Printing - letters and marketing materials (e.g. brochures, banners, business cards, etc.)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
An inventory of our current graphic treatments and uses can be found in the download document attached to this post. Please feel free to offer us other ways of doing things (FR-ANG-BILINGUE)
3. Contest Calendar
The competition calendar is as follows:
May 19, 2020
Contest launch and published rules
To submit questions (email@example.com), with the subject: Contest - graphic signature
Deadline to submit your logo proposal
June 17, 2020
Announcement of the winner (at our General Assembly)
4. Time and place of proposals
Participants must submit their design( pdf; jpeg, png or other easily readable format without need of specific software) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Contest - Graphic Signature” as an object line. This submission must be received by midnight on June 12, 2020.
The winner will be announced at our annual general meeting on June 17 (probably in virtual format this year). The unveiling of the new logo will be done via posts on Facebook and Twitter and on our website. The winner will be announced, congratulated, and will therefore benefit from visibility.
A $500 prize will be awarded to the winning design as voted by the members of the CVMBC Coordinating Committee.
The winning design and all its derivatives will become the property of the Montreal Bike Coalition.